Thursday, September 11, 2008

Again... yeah...

So, yeah... I've, again, failed to keep a steady posting rate. Sure, I have made quite a few posts and they were not very distanced from each other so... that's nice.

Anyways...

I am currently working on a Visual Effects Demo Reel. I am currently figuring out what to put in there and I am trying to keep it between three minutes or so. I'll try to maintain my focus on two elements - Rotoscoping and Compositing.

Today I have been testing some stuff with Trapcode's Particular and After Effects' In-Built Plug-In CC Particle World. The main idea was to create a fiery looking Comp. I kinda got where I wanted to but there's still some tweaking needed to generate a more real looking fire. I used CC Particle World for the little sparks that fly around and Trapcode's Particular for the actual smoke and the fire itself. That's what needs tweaking. For the final composition I wish to create a full scenery with shadows and lighting and, not to forget, some pretty decent Camera Moving and Editing.

Well... other than that, I am currently writing a story with a good friend of mine from Portugal, here, - Marcos. The story is coming along well but unfortunately I can't reveal anything. Only our sisters (Marcos' sister and one of my sisters) are involved in that and only more 2 people or so know about it. It's being a lot fun to do as I had never done something like this before. We have, now, a decent amount of pages and the story is coming along quite nicely.



Well... that's it for now. I hope that I have yet a few readers here.

Take care, my fellow readers,





Filipe Monteiro

No comments: