Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Script Interruption

The writing of the script (I'm talking of "A Story of Siblings") will be interrupted.
Here's why:

In October, some friends of mine decided to do a Star Wars film for a school project. We grabbed my lightsabers, our crummy digital camera, a water gun and a plastic revolver (by the way... The film's name is FTTD - Fight to the Death - stupid name). I did all the effects in three months. I just didn't feel like making the VFX. One funny thing about the movie is that I did the first three sets of the movie and then I stopped, so the sabers were square. It took a long time (approximately one month) until I began to work on the fourth set and so one... The first Sabers were square (as stated before). I didn't know how to curve the ends of the lightsabers when we shot it... And I also didn't know how to generate a lightsaber burn mark. I'll admit I was ambitious... As of the fourth set, the Saber's ends are curved. I also used the Shadow tones when adding color to the saber. As of the eleventh set or so, I stopped using the Shadow tones. Another thing not added (because I hadn't learned it yet) was the flickering of the Saber. And I used Windows Movie Maker to add the sounds, thus, making the film's quality worse... Now I only use After Effects to add sounds and edit footage.

Why am I telling you this? Read on...

Me and one of the actors of FTTD, decided to make another film. We haven't decided if it's FTTD's sequel or if it's a separate production. It's a short film and there is no actual story. We have some basic ideas but we're still choosing a place to film. I have three ideas of places to film. I think we're going for an abandoned warehouse I know. I can't tell you how the film is going to be. I'm not going to spoil anything for the possible viewers of my work. Oh, by the way... On FTTD, I'm the only one surviving... We are going to explain the fact that all the guys that died, appear on this movie - if this is FTTD's sequel. Well... I spoiled the end of FTTD but I'm not going to spoil FTTD2 (?).
That's all I gotta say today.


Filipe Monteiro

2 comments:

Ana G said...

Hi Mr. Philip,

Hope everything is ok with you.

I feel so old now... You are almost 14!! When I met you, you were 12... I still cannot believe you were so young that time...

First of all let me say I'm really impressed with your english writing. Amazingly accurate and correct. Congratulations!

Secondly I have to say I'm very sad you stopped writing your siblings script as it seemed really interesting... It would be good fun to imagine you and your brothers finding real sabers and fighting with them. I'm sure you would beat them without troubles 'cause you're the saber expert...

I found hilarious the fact that you don't like your mother's language (which I imagine is portuguese)...

Ok, I'll go now.

Have a good week and congratulations again!

You are the best
Ana (I use my first name here 'cause it is too dificult for English speakers to say Soraia...)

Ana G said...

I have just realised that it is "mother language" and not "mother's language". i apologise for that
Ana